The CENTAFLEX DUAL STAGE is one of a kind. The coupling has been specially developed for mounting between diesel engines and flanged reduction gearboxes. The CENTAFLEX-DS has a first phase that is very soft from a torsion point of view. This is to prevent the well-known ‘tooth hammering’ at low engine speeds. With large transferable powers, the harder, robust and anti-rotation second stage comes into operation. For mounting in areas with high ambient temperatures, different compositions for the rubber parts are available, such as silicone for example.
Ship Main Drives:
- between the diesel engine and the flanged gearbox
- between the diesel engine and the free-standing gearbox
Ship auxiliary drives with a high percentage of idling:
- with clutches
- fire pumps
- Simple, compact, reliable and economical design.
- Extremely low torsional stiffness at low revs (idling), enabling low engine speed without tooth hammering.
- The second stage is based on the ‘claw clutch’ type and transmits the higher powers.
- The rubber parts are only loaded in compression; there are no rubber-metal connections and/or shear loads. In other words, the rubber parts are optimally loaded. This, in combination with the excellent internal ventilation, guarantees a long life.
- A wide range suitable for mounting on SAE flywheels and almost all possible reduction gearboxes is available from stock.
- Suitable for so-called blind mounting in flywheel housings.
- Suitable for cylindrical and conical input shaft as well as input shaft with pline connection.